Best Nipple Covers For All Occasions Reviewed
A nipple cover is a patch, that can either be made from silicone, fabric, or other materials, that has an adhesive on one side and is used to cover the nipple or the areola. Nipple covers are mostly used by ladies to cover the nipple when wearing sheer bras or dresses with low necklines or bareback.
We’ve all at one point wished we could get the right bra to go with that strapless or backless dress only to give up since conventional bras can’t get that transparent. The good news is that should no longer be a problem if you know your nipple covers.
Nipple covers are used to hide your nipples giving the breast a smooth lining under your clothing. An adhesive on the inside sticks them to the skin and could be disposable or washable reusable pieces.
They can be loosely referred to as nipple pasties or sometimes breast petals. While they were originally used as decorative pieces designed to be seen during performances, modern fashion has an array of nude or skin colored covers whose sole purpose it to cover up and not be seen.
Most of them use skin safe glue or are held in place using double-sided fashion tape.
Silicone or adhesive pasties let you wear your favorite dress without worrying of straps or nipples poking through the fabric. With these, you can rock your outfit with utter confidence.
The Best Pasties is your ultimate guide to choosing the right pasties and nipple covers for the right occasion. I’ll give you detailed explanations, comparisons and valuable advice that will come in handy when choosing your pasties.
Choosing the Right Nipple Covers
There’s a wide range of factors to consider when choosing the perfect pasties for that big occasion. My reviews will always focus on:
- The comfort and stickiness which will determine if you can happily wear them all day
- The overall quality of the covers
- Reusability without losing shape or wearing out the adhesive
- Their ability to get the job done by actually hiding the nipples
- Their price compared to other covers that can accomplish the same goals
My Top Silicone Nipple Covers Recommendations
|Nippies Skin Nipple Covers|
|Komene Nipple Covers|
-Soft & Safe
|DIMRS Nipple Covers|
|Hollywood Fashion Nipple Covers|
|Pinky Petals Nipple Covers|
-Thin and comfortable
What to Look for in Your Nipple Pads
What Are They Made of?
Most of the reliable nipple covers are made of silicone. Even though you might find some made of rubber and other artificial materials, silicone is the safest, especially if it is hypoallergenic silicone. Hypoallergenic silicone is the premium material in nude pasties and sometimes adhesive bras.
The quality of adhesive is a great issue especially if you are going to wear your nipple cover ups for long or it is a reusable type. Most of the cheap breast covers tend to use cheap adhesives that won’t last long enough. Some of the best adhesives on the high-quality covers could last up to 50 uses.
The Color and Finish
Finally, ensure that the finish and color matches your skin tone and the clothes you will wear. Shiny covers might be great in dark clothes but will be visible in white or light tops. The best way out is to go for a matte nipple pedal that will remain nondescript regardless of your fabric colors.
Best Practices for Silicone Breast Nipple Covers
The general rule of the thumb is to ensure that you won’t react with the adhesive or cover material at all time. Do a skin patch test with the adhesive if you are not sure. Avoid applying the pastie on broken or skin burned areas as they are more sensitive.
Apart from just wearing them with your dress, you can use them beneath your sports bra to reduce friction, use them in your swimsuit to hide the nipples when you get cold or use them when out tanning to eliminate the tell-tale bikini strap lines.
Nipple covers offer absolute comfort and convenience to a wide range of dressers. Choosing the best model and using it right will guarantee you the best experience. Check out my adhesive guide on how to keep your pasties on for longer and remove them from the skin safely even if the stick. Nothing should get between you and the ultimate comfort these petals offer.
How to Go Braless Without Showing Too Much
Bras usually offer support to the breasts and allow your clothing to be more flattering. However, sometimes bras can be uncomfortable or may look odd especially when wearing some dresses. If you are opting to go braless for some reason, then you don’t want your nipples to poke out of the dress. The following tricks will help you go without wearing a bra yet you won’t feel uncomfortable or make the people around you uncomfortable.
- Choose a thicker fabric: A thick fabric not only hides your nipples, but also provides some support. For this look, you’ll need to do a solid-colored knitted top or you can go for a striped one just to add extra coverage.
- Add an extra layer of clothing: Wear an extra layer of clothing to protect your modesty. It doesn’t have to be a bomber jacket, just a layer of clothing suck as a scarf or something silky.
- Deep Armholes: Wear a top with a deep armhole to divert attention away from the nipples. Though in this way you will have hidden them, expect to show some side boob.
- Wear loose clothing: One of the best ways to protect your modestly when you decide to go braless is to get a loosely fitting top. This will only work if you’ve got some shoulders or clavicle action.
- A ruffle top: A ruffle top is not only fashionable, but works better to protect what is underneath. You can be sure to not expose anything with one of these tops on.
- Wear a nipple cover: This is the best way to stay braless especially if you are going to wear a backless dress or one with a low cut neckline. Not only are nipple covers comfortable, but also protect nipples from showing even when wearing a sheer dress or top.
How to Prevent Pasties from Falling Off
Do your nipple covers keep falling off at the most inopportune moments? There are many reasons for pasties to fall off and this guide will help you avoid these situations. Nipple covers do have adhesives at the bottom end and this is the main reason for them holding on to your breasts. Consider the following tips to prevent your nipple covers from falling off.
- The commonest mistake that many ladies do is to apply moisturizer on their nipples before sticking the nipple covers. This makes the adhesive less strong and the nipple concealers will only fall off.
- You should clean the area around your nipples before you apply the pasties. This will remove any oil and dirt that could prevent the adhesive from sticking properly.
- Do not place pasties over broken, damaged, or sun-burned skin. Not only will the nipple concealers fail to attach correctly, if they do then removing them could cause a lot of pain.
- If you sweat a lot, then try using other options, other than nipple covers. You cannot really predict whether you will sweat or not, hence avoid the embarrassment before it happens.
- If you have bought nipple covers and aren’t sure about the strength of the adhesive, try placing a patch on your shaved underarm. This will give you a perfect idea on whether the pasties could withstand movements without coming off.
After wearing the nipple covers, sometimes removing them might be difficult than you imagined. In this case, just soak in the bath or take a hot shower and they’ll come off easily. If there is any sticky residue left, you can get rid of it by applying a solvent or baby oil and rubbing gently using cotton wool.
Other Alternatives for Nipple Covers
Nipple covers often do a great job protecting your nipples from fabric when you go braless, prevent the nipples from burning during tanning, allow you to wear any dress with a low cut cleavage, and allow you to participate in any sports including swimming where you can’t wear a bra. However, breast pasties aren’t the only option for these functions. This is why I have compiled a list of other options that you can implement use to protect your breasts and nipples.
Adhesive bras are a type of undergarment worn under a backless, strapless, or low cut dress to give a seamless braless look. Adhesive bras provide the comfort, shape, and support needed and are available in a variety of shapes, colors, and types.
Adhesive bras can be made from silicone or fabric, among other breathable materials. They also come with attachable straps or silicone pieces that have a front closure. Whether you want a disposable or reusable adhesive bra, there are many options to choose from. They appear in different designs including wing-like, push up, and u-plunge and offer a practice and versatile option without sacrificing your style or comfort.
Breast Lift Tape
When you really want to go braless but at the same time are concerned about your nipples losing the much needed support normally provided by bras, then go for the breast lift tape. Breast lift tapes are a special kind of tap that is designed to protect your nipples as well as lift them up. Think of it as pasties that do have an attachment that provides the lift and support.
Built-in bras are the kind that are sewn underneath a dress and stop just underneath the bust. They are soft and have a cup-like feel with a section in between to separate the breasts while holding each of them firmly. While some of them have a padded feature that can hide the shape of nipple, others don’t. Make sure yours does enough to hide your nipples or provide the level of comfort needed before you go out with it.
Breast Tapes/Fashion tape
Breast tapes, also referred to as fashion tapes provide a good alternative to keep your breasts in place when you cannot wear a bra. You will need a breast tape when you are engaging in activities that involve a lot of motion such as dancing. Breast taps can also be used by transgender women or those who have small breasts to give an illusion of bigger breasts. Fake boobs too can be used for this purpose.
There are some slightly smaller breast tapes that are used to keep breasts in place when wearing a strapless or backless dress. You can also wear them to keep your breasts in shape when you are putting on a dress that has a low cleavage.
Sports bras are designed for the woman who wants to engage in fitness activities comfortably. Sports bras do much to minimize the movement of breasts and don’t have the discomfort that normal fabric bras have, making them the best option for activities such as running, weightlifting, and athletics.
If you are looking for sports bras, Check out this selection.
Hopefully, the above information on finding the best nipple covers has been helpful in your quest to find your ideal pasties. If you are on the market for other options, you can check out the list that I have provided above. I have included the links to those products too. All the nipple covers here have been reviewed and the assessment I have made factors in many aspects as well feedback from other people who have used these products too. Remember to keep in mind our best nipple cover reviews and you won’t have to put up with substandard products that fall off.